1. You can do three walks before committing to membership.
2. Read and understand the club's Walker Responsibilities and Walk Gradings prior to your first walk.
3. Email a request for our current walks program to our secretary at email@example.com.
4. Print the first page of our membership form and bring it to your first three walks to be signed by the leaders if you successfully complete the walks.
5. Phone the walk leader to ask if you can attend, and to find out the meeting time and location. Discuss the walk to determine if it is suitable for you. The leader can refuse to have you on the walk if there is doubt over whether you are capable of completing the walk successfully.
6. Read the disclaimer below.
7. When you have successfully completed your first three walks, submit your membership form to our treasurer, along with your membership fee, and you will become a member of Shoalhaven Bushwalkers!
8. The new membership fee varies from $20 to $40, depending on whether you are a member of another bushwalking club affiliated with Bushwalking NSW ($10 discount) and the time of year you join ($10 discount if joining between January 1st and June 30th. Our membership year is the same as the financial year i.e. July 1st to June 30th).
Refer to the table below to calculate your membership fee ...
$40 - if you are not a member of an affiliated bushwalking club, and are joining between July 1st and December 31st.
$30 - if you are not a member of an affiliated bushwalking club, and are joining between January 1st and June 30th.
$30 - if you are a member of an affiliated bushwalking club, and are joining between July 1st and December 31st.
$20 - if you are a member of an affiliated bushwalking club, and are joining between January 1st and June 30th.
Please note - if you are a member of another bushwalking club, proof of membership of that club may be required.
Our preferred payment method is via Direct Credit to the Shoalhaven Bushwalkers bank account. The account number is 236093 and the BSB number is 032691. Make sure you include your name in the description so we know that you have paid, and don't forget to send your completed Membership Application Form to: Treasurer, PO Box 403, Nowra NSW 2541.
Our less preferred payment method is via a Cheque made out "Shoalhaven Bushwalkers Inc" and posted with your completed Membership Application Form to: Treasurer, PO Box 403, Nowra NSW 2541.
Do not pay for your membership until after you have completed your first three walks !
Every person participating in a club walk does so as a volunteer in every respect and as such accepts full responsibility for personal injury (including death) to himself or herself, however incurred. Shoalhaven Bushwalkers Inc., its office-bearers and walk leaders cannot accept liability in regard to injury or damage sustained by any person participating in a club walk.